If you’ve ever had occasion to reflect that
The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs
is an apt description of parenting your kiddo, then Flight Trampoline Park in Springfield, VA is the place for you. With over 50 connected trampolines, and several side courts with different set-ups, no Tigger could want more than this. Although our area boasts many stellar parks and outdoor activities, an indoor option is a must for days when the weather is just not on your side. Flight Trampoline Park is no quiet trip to the library or passive movie watching experience- it is pure, kinetic, active, participation from the moment you get on the trampoline until the moment you go home at the end.
Some tips to help you have your very best Flight Trampoline Park experience:
- Your check in will go much more smoothly if you do your waiver and/or reserve your tickets online before you go.
- Wearing exercise clothing is definitely appropriate. Whether you are going to jump yourself during one of the open jumps, or just keeping up with a little one during Kid Flight, you are going to be moving, probably more than you think. If I told you my butt is not sore after a morning at Flight, my nose would grow right out the door.
- The Flight Jump tickets are stickers. They do NOT stick well to synthetic fabrics, particularly if you are at all sweaty. If you can, choose a cotton top and they’ll stay on much better.
- There are cubbies to store your belongings near the jump area. But they are NOT secure, so I recommend leaving your valuables in the car, and wearing a fanny pack or using a ZIPPERED pocket for essentials. (I used a runner’s waistband for my phone and car key- it was perfect.)
- You are required to jump barefoot or in special socks sold by Flight ONLY.
- Some of the sloped trampolines have a flat spot at the top, and lots of the younger kids get a huge kick out of climbing up there and sitting. The safety netting does NOT go all the way to the wall, so if your kid climbs up there, you’ll want to make sure they don’t go down to the end and tempt fate.
- Outside of Kid Flight, kids 6 & under are confined to a relatively small area of the park. You may want to assess whether those hours are a good idea, or whether it would be better to stick with Kid Flight, based on your kid’s personality.
- If you have a bitty in a stroller, there is room on the “deck” to park them without impeding traffic.
- You WILL work up an appetite, so pack some snacks for “after.”
- There is a water fountain, but dribbles from the fountain make the floor slippery there. Your best bet is to bring a bottle of water for yourself and your kids- Flight recommends sports tops and straw tops as less likely to spill and create a hazard.
Visit Flight Trampoline Park‘s website to find hours, pricing, and party booking details. They have a party room, offer group discounts, adult fitness classes, and much more. Kid Flight is our FAVORITE!
Thank you to Flight Trampoline Park for hosting us for a group jump experience in order to facilitate this review. I have not recieved any other compensation or consideration for the creation of this post, and all opinions are 100% mine.