Are you looking for an active Alexandria playgroup? Our moms with babies, toddlers, and preschoolers:
- Get together at the park.
- Organize story time play dates at the library.
- Take field trips.
- Get together at home for coffee, play, & conversation.
- Go on stroller walks.
- Do sing-along music playdates.
- Create fun, hands-on experiences for the kids. Craft playdates, sensory play, and imagination play are very popular!
- Socialize! We’ve done moms night, knitting night, wine tasting trips, and more just for moms.
- Give back to our community. We’ve supported Koinonia, VIC-HOP, ODB, and March of Dimes.
You and your little one want to meet people and make friends! We are the group for you. We don’t just fill our days with things to do. We are making real connections. The kids are learning social skills like cooperative play. They are practicing their sharing and turn taking. We are all exploring this wonderful area where we live. Our moms are building a network of friends they can call on. Interactive, open ended play is the best way to encourage our babies and children to learn and grow.
We are always making plans to do fun things around Alexandria, Franconia, Landmark, and Kingstowne! We would love to get to know you.
There is never, ever a membership fee to be a part of this group. If there are costs associated with an event, we always try to make sure they are clearly listed so that you can decide whether they fit your budget. Your support is always welcome, and we thank you for being a part of this group!
Alexandria Playgroup News
- Playdate Recap: Chutes and Ladders 5-14-13 Thank you all so much for joining us at the park! We certainly had some gorgeous weather for it, and it’s always nice to meet some new folks! The kids enjoyed a good game of ball. I promise to get the bike-riding playdate we talked about scheduled ASAP. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Hey! ...
- Playdate Recap: Rumbustious Rugrats 5-15-13 Wow! I thought we were going to get rained inside for a while there but it prettied right up. We were lucky to enjoy one of those precious, perfect weather days that come before our hot hot summers set in. I’m so glad we got to share this one with you! I sure heard a ...
- Valley Drive Cooperative Preschool Spring Carnival! Looking for something fun to do with your family on a Saturday morning? Come out to our Valley Drive Cooperative Preschool Spring Carnival! Saturday May 18, from 10am – 12pm Commonwealth Baptist Church, 700 Commonwealth Avenue, Alexandria VA 22301 A $5 ticket for anyone 2 years of age and above gets you: - Face painting! - Moon bounce! - Great games! All this, ...
- Rumbustious Rugrats 5-15-13 When: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM (EDT) Where: Meghan’s Place, address will be emailed to attendees the night before the event, Alexandria, VA 22310 Bitty Babies, big sibs, and Mommies who visit. Oh My! What do kids do at a home playdate? They dig. They cllimb. They practice taking turns. They work together. ...
- Country Sunshine Where: Pohick Bay Regional Park 6501 Pohick Bay Drive Lorton, VA 22079 When: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (EDT) Pack a picnic, bug protection, and your camera and join us at this shady, enclosed playground for some fun under the trees! Look for us at the playground near the marina. There is ample parking and ...