The Joy Gang are our dedicated volunteers! They help the sun shine in. They put the smiles on your faces. They are the heart of what we do. THEY ARE YOU!
Joy Gang volunteer requests go out weekly in our newsletter, or you can always find them here.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities:
- Find out which playgroups need coordinators on the Playgroup Page.
- Do you want to host an event? Submit it here.
- Are you hosting and want to promote your event? See Get The Word Out.
- Want to see our groups continue to grow and help build your network? Check out some easy ways to help promote your Playgroup.
- Want some playdate planning help? You can get ideas and resources on our Great Playdates Page.
New volunteer opportunities:
- Our Kids Discount Our Kids is offering you fine people a discount on an Our Kids membership. For a limited time, take $4 off an Our Kids membership. Click here to sign up today and get $4 off: http://bit.ly/1Ch6w5j (offer expires 2/28/15) You’ve seen some of their guides in your newsletter recently, and here are some handy links to recently published guides: - Spring Consignment Sale Guide: https://www.our-kids.com/spring/spring-consignment-sale-guide - Spring Break ...
- Everybody deserves a family. FOSTER FAMILIES NEEDED For Children’s Sake of Virginia is seeking families and individuals who are interested in fostering local children in need of loving homes. If you are interested in fostering or would like more information, please contact Mary Anna Edmonds (703) 817-9890 or email to forchildrenssakeVA@yahoo.com http://youtu.be/1frm3OAqwlM Please spread the Joy!FacebookStumbleUponPinterestTwitterGoogleMoreLinkedInEmailRedditTumblrDiggPocketPrint
- JBF Loudoun sale is THIS WEEKEND! Don’t miss it! Sale info and free entry coupon inside! This is one of my FAVORITES of the local sales! If you need anything, you MUST GO. Please spread the Joy!FacebookStumbleUponPinterestTwitterGoogleMoreLinkedInEmailRedditTumblrDiggPocketPrint
- Mama Chat Monday 2-9-14 It’s time for our weekly chat thread! Feel free to use the comments section, or join us on the Facebook Thread: Please spread the Joy!FacebookStumbleUponPinterestTwitterGoogleMoreLinkedInEmailRedditTumblrDiggPocketPrint
- Mama Chat Monday Monday Morning Chat time has arrived again! This is the thread where you guys help each other out all week. Ask questions, post a hot tip, or pass along anything you want other NOVA moms to know. Questions that don’t get an answer go out in our weekly newsletter to give them more exposure. Thanks, ...
- Mama Chat Monday! Please join us on Facebook today and post anything you’d like in our NOVA Mom chat thread. You can tip other moms off to area events, ask questions, recommend your preschool, rave about great service you got, or whatever. If you have a question that doesn’t get an answer by week’s end, we will add ...
- Woodbridge Playgroup Meet & Greet? Hey WOODBRIDGE mamas! Who’s up for a meet and greet? Put your input and suggestions down there in the comments or join the conversation on Facebook. I’d love to add something to the calendar that’s near you! Please spread the Joy!FacebookStumbleUponPinterestTwitterGoogleMoreLinkedInEmailRedditTumblrDiggPocketPrint
- Joy Makin’ Mamas raise Mighty Girls You know your daughter is bold, intelligent, smart, confident, good at problem solving, curious, and capable of developing unbelievably good leadership skills. So when you see something that will help you get her there, you make a note of it! Now you can pin it to our So Much More Than a Princess board to ...
- Calling all Manassas area moms! Calling all Manassas area moms- wouldn’t you love regular playdates in your neck of the woods? Join the conversation! Please spread the Joy!FacebookStumbleUponPinterestTwitterGoogleMoreLinkedInEmailRedditTumblrDiggPocketPrint
- Newsletter Format suggestions THANK YOU for being interested in helping out with the newsletter! Newsletter content is generated using the “playgroup news” categories, and here are some format requests for posts in those categories, for consistency. Please spread the Joy!FacebookStumbleUponPinterestTwitterGoogleMoreLinkedInEmailRedditTumblrDiggPocketPrint
- Help keep track of your RSVPs on your tablet or phone If you’ve RSVPed for one of our playdates, you doubtless realize we use Eventbrite to manage our calendar. What you may not realize, though, is that Eventbrite offers a mobile app that helps keep track of your RSVPs. Once you’ve installed it and logged in, you can use features like canceling your RSVPs or add ...
- Arlington Meet & Greet Hosts Wanted! Hey, Arlington Mamas! Arlington is a very walkable community filled with lots of great playgrounds for our kids. You know what’s missing? JOY TROUPE MEET AND GREET EVENTS! That’s right, it’s been a long time since we had an Arlington, Falls Church, or McLean M&G on the calendar- let’s fix it! Ideal Meet and Greet locations ...